Tuesday, August 02, 2005

some things that aren't so bad for you

"My most recent faith struggle is not one of intellect. I don't really do that anymore. Sooner or later you just figure out there are some [people] who don't believe in God and they can prove He doesn't exist, and some other [people] who do believe in God and they can prove He does exists, and the argument stopped being about God a long time ago and now it's about who is smarter, and honestly I don't care. I don't believe I will ever walk away from God for intellectual reasons. Who knows anything anyway? If I walk away from Him, and please pray that I never do, I will walk away for social reasons, identity reasons, deep emotional reasons, the same reasons that any of us do anything."

-Donald Miller


I really really do love this... I really do.
Yes. I'm still reading it. If I weren't also reading 6 other books right now, I could be finishing it a lot sooner.

Currently reading :
Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
By Donald Miller
Release date: By 17 July, 2003

No comments: