Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Olympimania

Could someone please inform Mr. Tom MySpace that August is spelled incorrectly in the drop-down menu for the Blogs? It's somewhat unnerving. Or funny... I can't quite decide which.

"Vargas, a 22-year-old from a boxing-crazy family in Toledo, Ohio, impressed the crowd at Peristeri Olympic Boxing Hall with his dominance of El Haddak. Moving nimbly and surprising the Moroccan with even the simplest jabs, Vargas showed that his work on skill and strategy over the past six months has turned him into much more than a brawler.

“I think I’m peaking at just the right time,” Vargas said. “He looked a little nervous, a little scared. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I’m just trying to enjoy this and have fun.”

The fight was stopped 82 seconds into the third round on the 20-point mercy rule.

“I have decent power, but I’ll save it until someone gets on me and I need it,” Vargas said."


I don't know why, but I read this article this afternoon and found this particular group of paragraphs to be written funny. Quirky almost.

Gotta love the olympics. I haven't watched one single second of it.

No comments: