Wednesday, August 11, 2004

the same mistakes

Defy the world - that's what I'm aiming for. Defy everyone and laugh while I do it. Defy everyone by dinner time and cap off the evening with a seven and seven.

Sometimes I am happy making everyone else happy. Other times I'm happiest making everyone else miserable. I'm arsenal, I'm destructive in its most generous sense.
Match for match with a gallon of gasoline, sometimes I'd rather be burning bridges than building them.
- My construction hat has a crack in it from the last time I leveled you anyway.

For the time being, I'll light this bridge ablaze with great glee.
I'll leave you to extinguish the flames with the piss and vinegar running through your veins.

I've laid down my cards (count them, one through five).
I don't know what I'm doing, but I'll be damned if I let YOU tell me that.
Want a magic trick? I got one up my sleeve, or, where you're concerned, up the hem of my skirt - is it a trick, a dirty trick? You bet your bottom lip it is. You'll get more than you ever put your chips down for and walk away beaten, I'm sure.
Pick a card, any card, just be careful which one you pick, my friend. You might be a loser in the end.
What about the King? Is this your card? No wait, here it is - the card with the joker.
It's impressive what I can learn from just one game of poke-her.

Through the deck we go - you're a few cards short, you know.
Your Queen ran off with a club to beat the six out of your sorry Ace. While seven and two were busy drowning their sorrows with Jack, your King of spades was digging holes in my back.
We're done here now, my trick is through. I've played my cards and who the hell are you to tell me that I've played them wrong?

I'm proud of the mountains I've climbed and proudest of the ones I've made crumble -- Don't worry about a thing, babe -- let ME worry about keeping YOU humble. And when you're down at your lowest, with a rock in your mouth, your nose is all bloodied and your ears filled with grout, I will have compassion (like compassionate conservatives do). I will help you back up to your feet that fit so well in my mouth.
Humility is the price to pay for having prideful things to say. You think this is something I haven't been through before? No. Think again.

No comments: