Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Spike Lee Major Tom Dick and Harry Connick, Jr. Mints

I'm collecting my senses about work and such. I'm really taking time to think about this decision that I've made. I don't want anything to be knee-jerk. There are times of true bliss at this job - well, true bliss is a bit over-the-top, but there are times of true goodness and I would be dishonest and kidding myself to deny that. However, those times of true goodness are truly few and far between. Most of the time I'm irritated because the big man is late (AGAIN) to an important event and I have to make embarrassing excuses for him, or I'm frustrated because I'm out of gas and out of resources to purchase gas and out of patience waiting for the resources to purchase gas, etc. Mostly I'm simply a huge baby who just doesn't feel like hacking it anymore (most of the time). There are those few moments when I feel like I can conquer the world, I'm on top of my game, I am king of the hill, I AM SPARTACUS! Oh, those moments are so wonderful! I was having one this morning and it was great. I was listening to Maroon 5, Songs About Jane (an album that is very un-typically me in that it gets quite a bit of top 40 radio play) but I was thoroughly enjoying it and feeling like I could turn the Titanic around. It was a good way to be coming into work. Today and yesterday have been my most productive days in quite a while. It makes me sad to think that I've become so lethargic.


I'm almost finished with Dave Eggers' "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". I'm very pleased with it so far - I want to write like him. I want my books to be Pulitzer Prize finalists... someday.


Alejandra and I are busily making plans to take NYC by storm this summer for the Republican National Convention. Hoo Rah. We're hoping that one Mr. Paul Erickson will be able to assist us in this matter. I just got an email from him this morning - gosh, he's so terribly witty and SEXY. Ugly/sexy that is (did anyone ever see "Kissing Jessica Stein"? Rent it. Watch it. Know what ugly/sexy is all about).


Los dias se estan convirtiendo en mas largos y el brillo del sol mas brillante. Es hora para el resorte DE ESTAR AQUI, no justo "supuesta para estar aqui".

No comments: